white rodgers gas valve replacement

Old 12-17-08, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
white rodgers gas valve replacement

i have a white rodgers gas valve Model 25G53 Type 406. What can I replace this with, apparently it is obsolete.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-08, 07:54 PM
"White-Rodgers has no suggested replacement for this item. You must contact the manufacturer of the equipment it was used on for a suggested replacement or retrofit.

You must contact the manufacturer of the equipment it was used on for a suggested replacement or retrofit."

Looks like you have some retrofitting/gas train rebuilding to do. If the old appliance is worth it, look into a universal gas valve, ignitor, module perhaps.

Old 12-18-08, 05:00 PM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by randy6851 View Post
i have a white rodgers gas valve Model 25G53 Type 406. What can I replace this with, apparently it is obsolete.
Is this a garden-variety, standing-pilot, 24-V valve?

Then most any gas valve of that type, Honeywell, White-Rogers, etc., should work if the face-to-face dimensions are the same and the pipe-size connections are the same. Hopefully, there is one or more unions to facilitate valve removal and replacement.

Use pipe dope on the connections. I would replace the thermocouple while you're at it.

By the way, why are you replacing the valve?
Doug

Old 12-18-08, 08:03 PM
Its fixed

Guess I overreacted with the whole gas valve thingy. I did some further testing and determined that it was just the thermocouple. Sometimes I can be such a ditz. Anywho, thanks for all you advise.