convection baseboard heat,and radiant

Old 12-18-08, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
convection baseboard heat,and radiant

I installed a radiant baseboard heater in each room upstairs,and disconnected the ductwork. We really like the way these things work,because they are quiet,and the heat is steady. My question is...will radiant floor heat installed under the 1st floor work as well as these baseboard heaters.forced air heat really sucks compared to convection heat. I want to switch over,and just use the furnace as an air handler for the airconditioning.,,,Will a hot water heater,and pex tube between the floor joists in the basement heat the dowstairs like the baseboards heaters heat the upstairs. We want to ditch this lousy forced air heat. It's dirty,dry,and ununiform heat running through filthy ductwork.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-08, 12:01 PM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rebeljeep View Post
I installed a radiant baseboard heater in each room upstairs,and disconnected the ductwork. Will a hot water heater,and pex tube between the floor joists in the basement heat the dowstairs like the baseboards heaters heat the upstairs.
You're proposing to heat the 1st floor with a hot water heater? What are you using to heat the baseboards upstairs?
Doug