no heat in baseboard

Old 01-04-09, 11:31 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no heat in baseboard

Hey guys...i have a section of baseboard in my house that is not getting hot.
Here are the details:
-it is the baseboard in an extended part of my house.
-the actual baseboard is about 20 ft from the main loop.
-the piping from the loop to the baseboard is insulated.
-when i bleed the baseboard, it is cold and eventually gets hot (leading me to believe that it isnt frozen?)

everything else is working properly.
could it be that the distance is too far and cools before heating the baseboard section?

thanks
birch

also, the house is new to me so i'm not sure how well it worked in the past. and the crawlspace is almost impossible for me to get into.

Old 01-04-09, 12:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Baseboard

How much pressure is on the system? Is this baseboard on a diverter tee loop? Have you tried bleeding with the circulator on & off?

Old 01-04-09, 03:14 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i just read a bunch of posts on the same topic and realize that you usually need more info. the pressure is fine around 15 hot. A pipe burst the other day. I drained the system, called a plumber who capped a broken section and restarted the system. He filled and contniued to purge for about an hour. Aftre he left, i continued to bleed from the purge valve of each baseboard. all are working well except the 1 i mentioned.

It is a diverter tee loop. I purged at the baseboard with circulator on and off.

From what i've read it sounds like air blockage but i've been bleeding the baseboard all day...straight water

thanks

Old 01-04-09, 03:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Baseboard trouble

I seriouly doubt it but maybe kicking the pressure up to 20-25 might help. Certainly worth a try.
Sometimes they have to use a diverter tee on each end of the loop. This is usually done where the radiation is below the main such as in a basement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: