weil mclain ultra 80

Old 01-09-09, 01:03 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
weil mclain ultra 80

IM INSTALLING A NEW ULTRA 80 BOILER. HERE IS A ROUGH SKETCH OF THE PIPING I CAME UP WITH.CANE ANYONE TELL ME IF IT IS CORRECT? THANKS IN ADVANCE NEWESTBOILERDRAWING.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old 01-09-09, 04:28 PM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Kind of hard to follow that but a few Qs...

Can the LWCO go above the boiler near the relief? I'm not sure that you are allowed in many AHJs to have a valve in between it and the boiler but I could be wrong. Does the Ultra have a built-in low pressure switch? On my Prestige I was allowed by the city inspectors to use that as a LWCO which I greatly preferred.

Also with the closely spaces tees, consider 12" as the absolute maximum you are allowed - the closer the better.

Old 01-09-09, 06:32 PM
X
I'm looking at this:

http://weil-mclain.com/downloads/ug3_boiler_manual.pdf

and wondering why you don't just follow Figure 15 or Figure 16 depending on whether you are zoning with pumps or zone valves. All the essentials are in the right place and labeled.

With the Ultra2, it was generally suggested to get all the boiler wiring done before installing the venting, because once you installed the venting, getting to the terminal blocks in the back of the boiler was a real pain.

Probably the same with the Ultra3....

Old 01-10-09, 02:17 AM
I
Okay thanks. After hanging boiler on wall last night im changing it some . Im pipiping out the top and eliminating tees for water heater. If i want to add water heater later i will pipe into bottom of boiler since the water heater needs to be teed in before everything else on the boiler (pimary) lines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: