Please help

Old 01-13-09, 08:40 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Please help

Hi,
I have an oil boiler system that was converted to natural gas in the 70s.Lately the heater will not start without going to the celler and flipping the power switch manually several times (or at least until a spark is visable on the contacts at the relay-the cover is removed)then the furnace will fire up and heat.Also the water circulation pump is running continuously.I had a technician come over about a year and half ago and after $89.00 I still had the same problem.I am not a furnace tech and dont pretend to be but I dont want to keep paying so called professionals with no results.Any suggestions are appreciated.The relay # is RA832A 1066. Oh also I folded a piece of emery cloth and sanded the contacts on the relay but it did the same thing 1/2 hr later.HELP PLEASE!!!
Thank You in advance.
Stu

Old 01-13-09, 04:58 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Stu, can you tell us what make/model the boiler is?

Please also tell us of any additional controls in addition to the 832 relay that are installed on the boiler.

Pictures would probably be a great help in diagnosing the problem.

You can set up a free account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload the pictures there. Come back here and drop a link so we can see the system. Take lots of pics... all the controls and wiring ...

Old 01-13-09, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With the info given so far, I would say that the ignition module is bad and needs replacement. another thing to check would be the igniter itself.

I am not familiar with the circ relay, so I will need to research that further.

More info and pictures as Trooper has mentioned will help greatly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: