combi boiler-crossed pipes- what sort of damage?

Old 01-15-09, 05:20 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow combi boiler-crossed pipes- what sort of damage?

hi,

i really need some advice on my water system. so far this is what i have come to understand from my plumber:

i have combi system with (CROSSED) hot and cold pipes feeding my thermostatic bar shower. My plumber said this has damaged my diverter valve and has caused a leak in my combi boiler. (is that possible?)

I thought bar showers have non-return valves inside to stop cold going down hot pipe and vice versa? also if that is the case, it would not matter if the pipes where crossed because the water wouldnt be going back down the pipes it shouldnt and damaging my boiler??

also i have had my combi fitted for three years and the bathroom was fitted at same time, wouldnt i have noticed this before now?

thanks for reading and hope their is some1 that can help me.

liam

Old 01-15-09, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by liamsbob
hi,

i really need some advice on my water system. so far this is what i have come to understand from my plumber:

i have combi system with (CROSSED) hot and cold pipes feeding my thermostatic bar shower. My plumber said this has damaged my diverter valve and has caused a leak in my combi boiler. (is that possible?)

I thought bar showers have non-return valves inside to stop cold going down hot pipe and vice versa? also if that is the case, it would not matter if the pipes where crossed because the water wouldnt be going back down the pipes it shouldnt and damaging my boiler??

also i have had my combi fitted for three years and the bathroom was fitted at same time, wouldnt i have noticed this before now?

thanks for reading and hope their is some1 that can help me.

liam
Could you please include some pictures along with this post since I have no clue what you are talking about. It could just be the terminology you use, I don't know.

Old 01-15-09, 06:29 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Mark, I think it's cuz he's on the other side of the big pond. My guess is beautiful Ireland.

Liam, what's a 'bar shower' ? The bars around here don't have showers... at least the ones I go to anyway... unless someone busts the urinal off the wall...

Oh, wait, y'all call them places Pubs, dontcha?

I'm afraid that us Yanks don't have a lot of knowledge of the equipment you use 'over there' ...

Old 01-15-09, 07:21 PM
Z
Liam,

If I am understanding you, it's not that the combi-boiler heating connections were reversed, nor were the domestic connections to the boiler, it is the hot and cold pipes to the bar shower (adjustable shower head on a slide bar guys) that were reversed, thus the hot feeds the cold/cold feeds the hot.

Am I understanding you right? If the case, no that wont hurt the boiler, only cause confusion to shower user.

Your boiler problem is due to other problems, defect or install error

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: