Biasi B10-4 Exhaust noise fixed!!!

Old 01-17-09, 06:48 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Biasi B10-4 Exhaust noise fixed!!!

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...9/IMG_2726.jpg
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...9/IMG_2465.jpg Old exhaust pipe, replaced by a QHT exhaust kit= Double wall insulated Z flex. The "only" noise I hear now is the burner, which makes very little noise! I am very happy and would suggest this setup for similar Biasi's with exhaust noise issues! Thanks to all for your input....Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-09, 06:20 AM
Did you try using the Cera-pad on the boiler floor?
Also, what did that smoke pipe cost? Mine is noisy too..

Pete

Old 01-18-09, 06:37 AM
B
..thanks Pete! Never heard of the Cera-pad? I haven't received the bill yet. I believe my whole exhaust piece is about $75-100.00 not including about 1 hour labor. Again, what I have is a kit from QHT especially made for this noise problem. When it came, the center piece which is the double wall, insulated piece was too long and had to be shortened. the rest is just double wall! In the process of getting this fixed, I had at least one neighbor suggest that I could easily have done this myself. But not knowing anything about boiler exhaust or how it could possibly change the performance of the boiler, I decided to let a pro do it! In my life, I would have blown the house up. But yes, I will tell you it reduced about 99% of all the exhause noise. Bill