cold water

Old 01-18-09, 08:57 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cold water

N j you sound very knowledgeable why would 1 rad out of 13 be cold .when I bleed it comes out with cold water also what could cause this problem thanks

Old 01-18-09, 02:59 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Several things could cause...

More info about the system please.

Is this radiator the highest one in the system?

Can you tell me how the radiators are piped?

Is there one pipe that both the supply and return for each radiator come from?

Are the radiators piped in 'series'? Pipe goes in and pipe goes out to the next radiator?

Does each radiator have a pipe to a separate supply and return back to the boiler?

Are there 'zones' in your system? i.e. More than one thermostat? If so, are there electric valves, or individual circulator pumps for each zone?

It would probably help if you could post some pictures...
Set up a free account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload the pics there. Come back here and drop a link so we can view the pictures.

Be advised that I've been trying to answer your question all day and just now was able to get in... if you don't get an answer it's because I can't get to it to answer. Trouble with website past few days.

Old 01-19-09, 05:28 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
it is a hot water system .all rad pipe in series 1 zone 3 floors all pipe feed to top floor and then return . the cold rad 1 on 1st floor and 1 on 3rd flor .both had just cold water .after bleed about gallen of water then hot .just curious why /how could that happen .2 years ago i installed new circulate pump, aqua stat thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: