boiler zoning changes

Old 01-23-09, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
boiler zoning changes

Hello , Im hopeing to get some answers to how to rework a water boiler system .I have been doning hvac for over 20 years and just recently started to monkey around with boilers.
I have service and repaired and took GAMMA class and have many books as well, This may be the quick way to get answers so here it goes. The current system was 1 zone feeding a 2000 sq 2 floors. at some point some one added a 2nd zone feeding 2 rooms up stair and addtional room on the 1st floor.Both thermostats are on each end of the 1st floor doing a bad job. At this time the house is gutted due to a fire and was asked to rework the piping so to have zone 1 st floor and zone 2 2nd floor.(System lay out) zone 1. 10 circuits with 1x 1/4 piping supply and return. Zone 2. pipeing size is 3/4 supply and return .((MY PLAN))I want to use the 1x1/4 for 1st zone and cap off circuits that go to 2nd flor. then run maybe 1" pipe off the circulater over 50feet across the basement and back to the return side of the boiler. increase pipe on both sides of the circulater to 1" and on the return change out the flow control valve from the current 3/4 to a 1". Am I going about this right or what. I m gonna show pics if i can remember how

Last edited by NJT; 01-23-09 at 05:15 PM. Reason: trying to fix pic links...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-09, 05:36 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
I know yer lookin' for "a quick answer", but I'm not real sure that an internet 'do it yourself' site is where a pro should come looking for answers to his design questions... and besides, yer gettin' PAID, and we're NOT! Crack open them books...

Old 01-28-09, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you must be from south jersey., thanks your suggestions