Honeywell L7224/L7248 Aquastat

Old 10-18-09, 01:38 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Honeywell L7224/L7248 Aquastat

Hi all
I just installed the L224L on my Biasi SG3 and it is working great, reading the generic manual, among the features is a setting "anti short cycle timeout" feature. However I can't bring it up on the readout, whether in the view or adjustment modes. On the cover it does'ent mention it. I'm guessing that it may be a contractor grade unit. Does anybody have any information on this?
Sid

Old 10-18-09, 05:17 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
What page is that on Sid?

I do know that Honey just recently updated the control, adding some options and whatnot... but I'm sure there are still older versions of the control on distributors shelves...

Old 10-19-09, 07:45 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
L7224

It's on pages 4, & 5 in the manual. The story is this; I was upgraging my 2 year old boiler controls using the info I picked up from this forum. I got all the toys, taco SR 593 EXP, PC 702-2 and the necesary L7224. The aqastat was a takeoff from a new bioler and I got it for a giveawy price, and from what you posted to me I realized that it is an older model, and they downloaded the manual, and of course it's for the newer versions as they have letters A&C after the numbers, so I dont have the ASC feature, but as Meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad. I really enjoy learing from the pros. I fancy myself knowing a lot of stuff, installed 6 boilers, but ther'es nothing to compare with many many years of experiance. I am learing something every day. Thanks.
Sid

Old 10-19-09, 03:53 PM
NJT
I'm sure you noticed that the new 7224 has the ability to do ODR with the optional add-on module now... I was wondering when Honey was gonna get around to doing something USEFUL with the Enviracomm thing... other than the 'networked' thermostats, which 'who needs it?' . There's also a new module for indirect water heaters too.

Old 11-05-09, 08:46 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
L7224/l7248

Originally Posted by sidny View Post
Hi all
I just installed the L224L on my Biasi SG3 and it is working great, reading the generic manual, among the features is a setting "anti short cycle timeout" feature. However I can't bring it up on the readout, whether in the view or adjustment modes. On the cover it does'ent mention it. I'm guessing that it may be a contractor grade unit. Does anybody have any information on this?
Sid
I have a new L7224/L7248 on old hot water boiler that is cycling between 170 and 200 F every 20 minutes. I have a super store on the side. I held all 3 white buttons down for 10 seconds and went through the menu to LL, DF and HL but the up and down arrows don't change the settings. I want to lower the ambient heat level. I have the furnace on and running. Does anybody have any information on this?

Old 11-06-09, 02:19 PM
NJT
If it's constantly cycling, I doubt that changing the temp settings is gonna change that... was this aquastat JUST installed, and doing this from the very start?

What do you have wired to the T T terminals in the aquastat?

Old 11-09-09, 12:30 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell L7224/ L7248

I too have a Honeywell L7224 which I can only insert
HL limits ie 180 F". It won't let me do LL lower limit. I was
told that I have to upgrade to the L7224U to get that
feature. I press the white " I " button but the LL option
never comes up. Only OFF. Am I doing something wrong?

DRYDOK

Old 11-09-09, 02:25 PM
NJT
drydok, if it says OFF, I believe that means that your boiler is set up as a COLD START, which would be correct if you are not heating domestic water for the home with your boiler.

Does your boiler supply domestic hot water to the home?

So, don't turn it on if you don't need it... would only waste fuel.

You need to press the I, UP, and DOWN simultaneously to access the adjustment menu. Pressing I all by itself only lets you VIEW the settings, not change them.

Last edited by NJT; 11-09-09 at 05:07 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: