taco 220 replacement inquiry

Old 10-22-09, 05:57 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: bronx ny
Posts: 68
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
taco 220 replacement inquiry

i got a taco 220 flo-chek valve that is leaking from the top.
i dont want to go through the trouble of taking out the whole valve and replacing it . can i just buy another valve [taco 220]
and replace the top part only? is it possible ? is that top part welded on? has anybody tried it?

here is a pic
Old 10-23-09, 11:15 AM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 583
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

The little nut below the knob is a packing nut, you should be able to turn it clockwise a half to a full turn.
Try that first. As long as the system is circulating ok, dont turn the top knob.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: