Slant/Fin not turning on

Old 10-26-09, 02:21 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boiler will not light

I have a Slant/Fin Galaxy steam boiler,it's about 15 years old. This past week I filled it up and turned the switch on. Adjusted the thermostat and waited and waited and waited. I went downstairs and I heard a clicking sound but the boiler did not light. Please help, you do every year for me.

Old 10-27-09, 10:54 AM
T
It may be a standing pilot boiler.
Is the pilot lite ?
Maybe thermocouple is bad.

If it's intermittent / spark ignition then the draft hood damper (if used) may not be opening...

Too many possibilties.

Old 10-27-09, 05:03 PM
L
Slant/Fin not turning on

HI, It seems every year I write with a problem with one of my boilers. And my problems are always solved. This year its back to the Slant/Fin Galaxy steam boiler. I shut it off for the summer, like I always do. I drained it and put water in it, turned the switch on raised the thermostat. The boiler was making a clicking sound but did not light.(electronic ignitor). Did I miss something?

Old 10-27-09, 06:06 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
leon, you don't need to start a new thread each day... your first one is still here (I merged the two threads) and has gotten a reply...

I have a question for you... why are you draining the boilers each year? That's not a good practice. There's no reason to not leave the water in them over the summer. It's unnecessary work for you!

Did I miss something?
Is the gas on?

Old 11-01-09, 10:30 AM
L
slant /fin

I don't drain the whole boiler for the summer, I shut it off. When its time to start up I drain the rust out and refill. I am going to Jersey this week to see what kind of ignitor is on it. will let you know. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: