Honey well Zone Valve V8043E not working

Old 11-07-09, 09:24 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Honey well Zone Valve V8043E not working

I have wired in two zone valves , but only one opens, how can I jump out the one that is not working.
Bob

Old 11-07-09, 11:43 AM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
Bob, what do you mean by 'jump out' the other one? Do you want to disable it or something? Can you be a little more specific as to what you are asking?

I'm sure we can help you get the thing wired correctly, if we knew what you were asking for exactly...

Old 11-08-09, 07:10 AM
B
Originally Posted by NJ Trooper View Post
Bob, what do you mean by 'jump out' the other one? Do you want to disable it or something? Can you be a little more specific as to what you are asking?

I'm sure we can help you get the thing wired correctly, if we knew what you were asking for exactly...
Thank you for getting back to me .
This is what I have done , I bought a utica MGB Model.
It has a Taco pump Model 007-F5 The Aquastat is a L8148E, and a gas vent damper model gvd 4 thru 12. my problem is that the way I have it wired, only zone 2 opens and starts the rest in motion. Zone1 will not open also I am not at this time hokking up the thired zone. (Is the aquastat large enough to handle three zone valves)
Thank you Robert Odell

Old 11-08-09, 08:10 AM
NJT
OK, so by 'jump out' you mean that you want to wire the valves correctly so they open properly... yes?

How is it currently wired? Did you follow a diagram in an installation manual?

Are you powering the zone valves from the transformer in the 8148 aquastat, or do you have a separate transformer?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I need to understand how it is set up before I can suggest changes.

Old 11-08-09, 08:13 AM
NJT
I forgot one of your questions....

If you are using the internal transformer to power your zone valves, you are limited to TWO valves. When you go to hook up the third valve you will need to add an additional transformer.

Do you have the install PDF for the 8148 aquastat?

Old 11-08-09, 11:42 AM
B
I forgot one of your questions....

If you are using the internal transformer to power your zone valves, you are limited to TWO valves. When you go to hook up the third valve you will need to add an additional transformer.

Do you have the install PDF for the 8148 aquastat?
Yes I Do have the L8148E, I wonder why the guy at the plumbing supply store did not give me the right Aquastat, or orffer me another transformer.
This is how I wired it

In Reply to: HoneywellZQoe valve wiring posted by Paul Taylor on January 14, 2000 at 23:51:13:
The pair of red wires coming out of the 2 zone valves are the end switch. Ea~h individual red wire should be attached to one from the second valve, than from there to the "T-Tn of the relay on the boiler: It would be to where you normally hook the thermostat for a single zone system. The yellows are the leads to the motor. I'm not sure what transformer you are using but if it is the 24 volt transformer in the boiler be Careful you don't overload it. Hooking up 2 zone valves should be ok. Nevertheless one yellow wire from each zone valve would go to common of the transformer. The other terminal of the transformer goes up to the uR" terminal of the thermostats. Than the "W" wire from the thermostat gets wired to the remaining yellow wire for the matching zone valve. You have to make sure the heat anticipator in the thermostats are set to the ratings of the zone valves. If you have Adobe Reader the link below may work and you can see a diagram direct from Honeywell. If not I can fax you a diagram if you need it.

Thanks Bob

Last edited by bodyshopbob; 11-08-09 at 11:44 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-08-09, 02:36 PM
NJT
Here's how to wire two zone valves off the 8148E aquastat. There is a diagram in the install sheet for the 8148 that shows how to add the third valve with an extra transformer. I'm sure the guy at the supply house isn't an installer... probably doesn't know ... and I don't think there is a model that will do more than two valves anyway.

Old 11-08-09, 04:01 PM
B
Here's how to wire two zone valves off the 8148E aquastat. There is a diagram in the install sheet for the 8148 that shows how to add the third valve with an extra transformer. I'm sure the guy at the supply house isn't an installer... probably doesn't know ... and I don't think there is a model that will do more than two valves anyway.

Thank You so very much.
Friends Bob.
P.S I do auto body if you have a problem , type me.
Bob

Old 11-09-09, 09:36 AM
B
Talking honeywell zone valves

NJ Trooper
Thank you so much for the help.
I wired it just like the diagram, but zone 1 still does not work.
the valve does not open. So off to the store to get a new one.
Again Thanks Bob

Old 11-09-09, 02:12 PM
NJT
Bob, if you have a multimeter, check to see if you are getting 24VAC on the yellow wires at the valve first... might be the thermostat, or it's wiring.

You know that you don't have to replace the whole valve, just the powerhead, right?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: