Knight boiler and Taco relay switch wiring

Old 11-07-09, 04:32 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Knight boiler and Taco relay switch wiring

I have been using a knight boiler with indirect tank to heat water for home. Just now getting around to setting up the radiant system. I have a question about the wiring for a Taco sr503 switching relay. I have wired the two zone thermostats to the relay, also wired the two zone pumps to the relay. I have wired the 110 to the relay bu there it is not powering it up. I don't understand the wiring for the aquastat control form X1 and X2. tried wiring it to the thermostat/w zone control but it still doesnt power up the unit. I have a system aquastat wired into the boiler. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-07-09, 05:42 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
Is the 503 a brandy new one? or did you acquire it used?

Is it a 503-EXP or the standard 503?

When you say it 'won't power up' ... do you mean that the POWER LED on the right side doesn't light? or do you mean that the pumps don't run?

If it's a standard 503, there should be jumpers as shown on the install sheet...

So, explain a little more what you mean by 'won't power up'.

The X1 and X2 from the 503 will wire to the T T terminals on the boiler aquastat.

You will also be wiring the indirect to the 503 I presume?

Old 11-07-09, 06:24 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have been using a knight boiler with indirect tank to heat water for home. Just now getting around to setting up the radiant system. I have a question about the wiring for a Taco sr503 switching relay. I have wired the two zone thermostats to the relay, also wired the two zone pumps to the relay. I have wired the 110 to the relay bu there it is not powering it up. I don't understand the wiring for the aquastat control form X1 and X2. tried wiring it to the thermostat/w zone control but it still doesnt power up the unit. I have a system aquastat wired into the boiler. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-07-09, 06:44 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
Please see your reply to the FIRST message you sent...

You don't need to keep typing the same question in other topics

Look at the main page listing for the forum and find the topic that says "Knight Boiler and Taco relay wiring" ... that one is all yours... don't keep posting replies in other topics that have nothing to do with your question.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: