Help with zone heat problem

Old 12-09-09, 01:07 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you once again

I think I finally understand what to do. Thanks for all of your tips and help. I did make a drawing of the system that might help others if they are in a similar situation.

The black pipe is the cold tap water line used to fill the boiler. There are two faucets (gray) on that line. Ideally there should be a pressure reducer valve and a backflow preventer valve between those faucets.

The red pipes are the hot water as it leaves the boiler to each of the three zones. The three zone valves are on the red pipes. These are the rectangles with a circle.

The green pipes are the returning water with the round, circulating pump at the bottom. These also have the drains or purge valves.

The ball valves are the blue levers with a circle. The zone valve for the addition has ball valves above and below the zone valve. The two zone valves for the original house only have one ball valve above the zone valve.

I'll drain off some pressure and install the new bleeder valve on the baseboard heater. Then I will use the purging station as you drew it on the picture. After the system has been purged, I'll balance the pressure tank and boiler as you described earlier. Finally, I put the boiler back in service and bleed of any air in the newly installed bleeder valve.

Thanks for all of your help. We are in the middle of a blizzard.

Jerry
St. Peter, MN

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: