slant fin xl 2000 question

Old 12-04-09, 10:11 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question slant fin xl 2000 question

i have this slant fin xl 2000 hot water boiler with a beckett burner. it is oil fired. When the sytem calls for heat the burner turns on for one minute then shuts off. green light on primary control flashes, i reset it and it does it again. Can someone tell me what could be wrong and how i may be able to remedy this problem before calling a tech. thanks...there is oil coming to the burner and the oil tank is full.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-09, 03:30 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
joey, there's many things could be your problem...

First would be if it's been a while since the burner was serviced, there could be 'gunk' on the end of the burner causing poor flame, etc.

Your 'cad cell' could be bad. Might not be 'seeing' the flame, and thinking there is none, shutting down the burner.

Could be electrode settings.

Could be clogged nozzle, or filter, or screen...

Lots of could be's... and honestly, if you aren't already skilled at burner service, you could end up worse off than you already are.

Please don't hesitate to call a burner tech, and please don't keep pushing that reset button. You could end up with a mess of unburnt oil in the combustion chamber.

December is not the time to learn how to work on an oil burner! You need heat now, education later! not trying to be mean or anything, just laying out the facts as I see them.

Old 12-04-09, 04:07 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ok thanks will call in a service tech