TACO Zone Valve Control board died?

Old 12-04-09, 02:55 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
TACO Zone Valve Control board died?

Hi,

I was reading the TACO FAQ's for how to add common wire for the thermostats for the ZVC404. According to the FAQ:

"On a ZVC board your T terminals at the top of the board are where your thermostat is connected. The Right Hand T is R, Left Hand T is W. Go to the bottom terminal strip, where you connect your zone valves, with terminals 1,2,3,4 and connect your C wire to terminal #1. This is your C terminal on all of the zone valve blocks."

After adding the C wire to terminal 1 for the zone valves, the green indicator light died and there's no current on any of the thermostat (zone 1-4) or zone valve (1-4) connection points. There is, however, current across the fuse.

Is the board dead or is it something I can salvage?

Old 12-04-09, 04:38 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
Thomas, if you are using the VOLTAGE scale on your meter, you are measuring VOLTAGE, not CURRENT... there's a difference!

So, you aren't measuring any voltage on any of the terminals... but, you are measuring VOLTAGE ACROSS THE FUSE... is that correct?

If so, I believe you blew the fuse in the panel by miswiring something.

Remove the wires you added, and replace the fuse in the panel.

Then, take a step back and review what you did, and correct any mistakes you may have made.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: