Burnham V-14 manual

Old 12-13-09, 06:39 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Burnham V-14 manual

Looking for the manual for a Burnham V-14. Anyone have a copy or know where I can download?

Cheers

Old 12-14-09, 03:27 PM
Received 61 Upvotes on 51 Posts
I can send you one via e-mail. PM me with an address.

Old 12-14-09, 07:22 PM
F
Thumbs up

Thanks rbeck.

(25 character filler section)

Old 02-21-15, 09:24 AM
W
I would very much appreciate a service manual for the v14a-t burnham boiler as well.

In addition, I would appreciate using your hands on experience to answer the following question.
I am interested in knowing if the pipe that services the 30psi safety valve and the pipe that is the output of the boiler are connected to the heat exchanger from the same place?

My guess, and it comes from no experience, is that their pipes are connected in two difference places. I am guessing the boiler output comes from the top of the heat exchanger and the pipe servicing the pressure safety valve comes out of the bottom of the heat exchanger.
Can you tell me from handss on experience what the answer is?

Secondly, I seem to have a problem keeping my combo temp and pressure gauges free from water contamination (the gauge half fills with water). I have gauges on my boiler (normal location on the front of the boiler) and on my hot water manifold from the tankless heater of the boiler and on my cold water manifold. (I use manifolds with valves for all household water). yes I do have a pressure regulator just after the town water meter though it never seemed to regulate very well
even though it is a well known brand (perhaps that is because the presure regulator is larger than I actually need and hence does not work well in regulating presure with a lower actual usuage)

so i guess i have two questions (from erading the above). Maybe household water pressure is too high and that accounts for my ruined combo P&T gauges on my household manifolds AND because the household water pressure is not being regulated well, maybe i have sprung a leak in the tankless hot water heater thus increasing the boiler presure above 12 psi...

or...maybe the expansion tank is water logged. it is a bladder type and is only about 10 years old.
it is connected to an American Air Purge (expansino tank connected to bottom of American Air Purge) and a air release connected to the top of the American Air Purge. the air release valve is definitely leaking....

any advice you can offer me is appreciated. It does not have to be "right". I prefer actual experience over theory (I work with theory all day and appreciate that theory does not always predict outcome).

Bil

Old 02-21-15, 09:45 AM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Bil, you've never actually stated clearly what the problem is. You've alluded to high pressure in the boiler... but the pressure will always be above 12 PSI when the boiler is hot. It should not go high enough so as to spew the relief valve...

Is that what has spurred you to come looking for answers? Your relief valve is spewing?

it is a bladder type and is only about 10 years old.
ONLY ten years old? That's actually pretty old for an expansion tank IMHO. That's 100 in human years. Especially if never properly serviced.

Has it EVER been serviced? i.e. had the air charge PROPERLY checked and recharged? I'm not talking about someone tapping on the tank and saying 'It's fine'... I'm talking about CORRECTLY checking and charging the tank. One can NOT tell the condition by tapping, or feeling for warmth on the tank. It tells you NOTHING.

Read this:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/bo...sion-tank.html

and this:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/bo...ure-gauge.html

the air release valve is definitely leaking
So you need to replace it then.

You need to first fix your car's flat tire before you can bring it for a tune up. What I mean is, fix and test the OBVIOUS problems first, and THEN continue, one thing at a time. Don't get all overwhelmed by the 'what if' syndrome... Paralysis by Analysis ... you know what I mean. Don't over think the problem.

Old 02-21-15, 03:27 PM
Received 61 Upvotes on 51 Posts
On the top of your boiler label there is a manufacturer date. What is that date to get the proper manual?
Which oil burner do you have?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: