Ghost flow ?? Galaxy GG75 hot water boiler

Old 12-18-09, 01:29 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ghost flow ?? Galaxy GG75 hot water boiler

I have a problem with my 2 zone heat . Zone 1 is first floor zone 2 is second floor . The Galaxy GG75 hot water boiler is in the basement . When I turn the heat up on the second floor ( zone 2) the first floor gets heat . It is not just warming the baseboard its actually heating the baseboard . The aquastat was set on 190 it is now on 180 .boiler pressure was just below 30 psi and internal temp was about 200 degrees . before I lowered the aquatstat .

description of boiler setup : 2 circulators ( taco) on right side of furnace ...on left side there are 2 pipes which merge into one with a red flow control valve between them with a lever on top . Looking at the lever the lever is pointed to the left ( in line with the copper pipe) I have called a plumber but they are quite busy due to the cold snap . Since I have heat ( too much LOL () they put me on the back burner . Any advice appreciated .

Old 12-18-09, 04:22 AM
D
You should take some pictures of your boiler and the piping around it. Post them on an image hosting site. The guys around here recommend photobucket.com.

Old 12-18-09, 08:25 AM
V
Pictures

Here are pictures thanks vavso
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/PC190001.jpg

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/PC190002.jpg

You see alot of rust but there atre no active leaks

Old 12-18-09, 09:07 AM
V
more info

I have two systems that are duplicates I just noticed on the faulty system has the flow control handle is turned fully clockwise and is pointing in the direction of flow arrow yet the other system the flow control handle is pointing away from the flow arrow ????

Last edited by Vavso; 12-18-09 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-18-09, 10:08 AM
O
That appears to be a B&G flo-control valve. The direction of the lever doesn't matter.

The lever should be rotated fully clockwise. In this position it will be a flo-check valve.

If the lever is rotated somewhat in the counter-clockwise direction this will open the valve and allow flow in either direction.

It may also be that the zones are not completely separate. They may be intermingled where some 1st floor rad's are on the 2nd floor loop. After the pipes cool a bit, active the 2nd floor thermostat (lower the 1st floor thermo).

Then feel the pipes, supply and return, for each of the zones. If the 1st floor pipes stay cool, then it isn't a flo-check issue.

Al.

Old 12-18-09, 10:28 AM
V
Hi

it is a B+G v56892 I tapped on it and accuated the lever to free up any gunk , There is no intermingling of zones pipe wise I will say taht there is a combination og 1/2 and 3/4 piping in the runs I will test the zones out and report back

With sysstem running I am gettin 190 temperature and 32 psi looks like it may have fixed the problem is that pressure too high ?? I will continue to monitor function and report back thanks so much vavso

Old 12-18-09, 11:24 AM
V
Hi

system is working properly now however tridicator is showing 200 degrees and 40 psi when the aquastat is set to 180 degrees yet pressure relief valve which is rated at 30 does not activate I think I need a new tridicator slant fin part # 910373061 but cannot find it on the net does anyone know part # or nipple size so i can purchase an after market tridicator ? thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: