Zone Valve or Circulator Pump Problem?

Old 01-05-10, 07:12 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zone Valve or Circulator Pump Problem?

Hello everyone,

I have read hundreds of posts on this forum. I am unable to determine what the cause is of the problem.

I have natural gas boiler with four zones. I have one Taco circulator pump and four Honeywell zone valves. The two zones on the first floor do not work. I have hot water baseboards throughout each zone. I have bled the air from each baseboard heater. The two zones on the second floor work fine. I have opened all zone valves to the manual open position. Any ideas on what the problem may be and what else I should do?

Old 01-05-10, 08:03 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Do you get heat when you manually open the valves? or still no?

You say you 'bled air' ... and I think that means that you got significant air out when you opened the bleeders?

My guess is that there is still air in the system.

What is the reading on the temp/pressure gauge on the boiler?

You could try a 'power purge' if all else fails... to tell you how best to accomplish this we would need to see pictures of the system... so if you have a camera, clear, in focus, large enough for old eyes to see pics would help a great deal. Free account at www.photobucket.com and upload pics there. Come back here and drop a link to your album. Take pics of the boiler and all the piping around it. Take several from far enough back that we can see the whole system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: