weil mclain tankless hot water issue

Old 03-21-10, 03:06 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
weil mclain tankless hot water issue

My hot water pressure has dropped to a dribble. I've checked the mixing valve and didn't find anything surprising. Removed the plunger & reinstalled the temp adjust cap. Nothing changed.

Wondering if the hot water heater core (insert) is clogged and if you can service any part of it. It has sweat joints, (fun) for all connections... So before I break any connections I wanted to understand if there is something else I can do first.

Or is there a way I can validate if the mixing valve is okay.

Old 03-21-10, 07:18 PM
Received 66 Upvotes on 55 Posts
The internal walls of the coil are probably blocking up. There are chemicals you can run through it to clean it but disposing of them are expensive. It is best to either eliminate the coil and go cold start boiler and an indirect water heater or to a stand alone type water heater.

Old 03-25-10, 05:07 AM
K
Originally Posted by rbeck
The internal walls of the coil are probably blocking up. There are chemicals you can run through it to clean it but disposing of them are expensive. It is best to either eliminate the coil and go cold start boiler and an indirect water heater or to a stand alone type water heater.
Just for grins, I disconnected the water lines and tried to blow air thru the coil using a compressor.... It held 20-25 lbs of pressure on the gage, really clogged.

I replaced the core and now have hot water (Yea!!) an a couple dribble leaks (never could sweat a joint worth an darn)..
Now I have another issue that I'll post on a new topic...

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Old 03-25-10, 02:19 PM
It could be some clogged on the pipes. So check the pipe lines if they were working properly and if it still not work for you then do a research online there are good sites which will guide you in fixing and repairing problem like yours.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: