Church Waterheater Replacement - Recommendations?

Old 04-20-10, 04:37 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Church Waterheater Replacement - Recommendations?

My church's 50 gal. waterheater just went out, and I was considering a tankless system. The building is unoccupied and has little hot water use. The only big draw is for occasional baptismal font usage, and these have generally been cold as we can only fill 50 gallons of hot at a time.

The system is 240v/20amp now. The whole house systems I've looked at are 50 amps, so electrical work would be required.

What would be the best for cost/benefit ration?

Old 04-20-10, 07:52 PM
NJT
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Off the cuff, I should think that a system that requires only intermittent use of hot water might benefit greatly from an on-demand tankless system. It would make sense that if you didn't have to keep the water hot six days that it's not being used that you could save substantial electricity.

This isn't really the right forum for the question, but since most everyone has their heating systems turned off, we're a little slow, so I'm not gonna move your post just yet... I may in the future though, to see if you get better answers in the 'water heater' forum, but let's see what the fellers have to say here first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: