help!!! water leaking from my furnace

Old 08-06-10, 12:32 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
help!!! water leaking from my furnace

I have an old honeywell (25+) with a becket motor...a few days ago we had no hot water, I checked the furnace. The glass eye had no water, I refilled the furnace and flushed it after leaving it off and allowing it to cool and it seemed to work. Took a shower with hot water no problem. A few hours later the water is still in the glass but water is also leaking and dripping all over the floor just below the motor. Do you need pictures or more details? I'm clueless...thanks

Old 08-06-10, 01:44 PM
G
also, I have tried to restart motor since water leak, it starts up, smokes a bit and shuts down, red light comes on. someone told me the water leak might be from the furnace cooling off and that everything will be ok once the system expands again???

Old 08-06-10, 02:16 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Gina, I really think that in this case, the best advice we could give you is to call a technician.

Old 08-06-10, 05:26 PM
G
this is not really what I wanted to hear does it help if I tell you that the boiler starts runs for a few seconds then clicks off and the red light comes on?

Old 08-06-10, 05:29 PM
G
oh I guess I already mentioned that, nevermind. someone told me that the block may be cracked. does this make sense? I suppose I will need a new furnace? should I jump off a bridge now???

Old 08-07-10, 07:05 AM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
should I jump off a bridge now???
NO! please don't do that.

I'm clueless...
This is what led me to suggest you get a tech in. You've got water leaking, and that needs to be stopped, and you need hot water. The time required to get you 'up to speed' on what it is that you are even looking at, to give us the information that we would need to help you diagnose the problem is probably too long... by then you would be floating away and your basement flooded and all your belongings ruined.

The problem with the burner not starting could be related to the water problem, but may not be. It might be a totally separate issue.

Yes, pictures might help us identify the problem, but again, how much time do you want to spend without hot water, and a leak in the system?

If you want to post some pics, by all means feel free. You need to set up a free account at a photo hosting site like Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload the pics there. Come back here and provide a link for us to view.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: