Boiler won't shut down !!!

Old 10-02-10, 11:09 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Boiler won't shut down !!!

I have a HB Smith gas boiler model # GB100W. It is a two zone heating system. When both thermostats are turned off the boiler will continue to run. I have changed the Honewell relay control center R8285D-1026 and the problem still exists. Yesterday I changed out the Honeywell L4080B-1253 Aquastat controller and I am still having the problem. If anyone has any suggestions please advise as the heating season is coming fast. Thanks

Old 10-02-10, 07:09 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Oh yeah, Sayreville... I spent a month there one day. Just kiddin'...

Two thermostats... so you must have two zones then... and you must have electric zone valves? or are there relays, and two separate circulator pumps?

If zone valves, what make/model?

There should be two wires coming from the zone valves to the 8285. What happens when you disconnect those wires?

The problem could be in the zone valves, or the wiring...

The thermostats are not directly connected to the boiler, they 'talk' to the zone valves, telling them that they want heat. The zone valves then in turn talk to the boiler... so if a zone valve is pooched, it might be telling the boiler to run run run...

Old 10-05-10, 06:29 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile boiler still runs even when thermostat is off

Yes there are two zone valves but there is only one pump. I ran new wire from the downstairs thermostat to the boiler. It seems that the problem was the aquastat. Everything seems to be running fine now. Thanks again for your reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: