Carlin EZ-1HP flame outs

Old 10-17-10, 08:18 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carlin EZ-1HP flame outs

I have a carlin ez-1hp burner on my boiler. I am having a flame out problem. The flame will just go out while the boiler is firing. I am able to keep the flame by reducing the cumbustion air, so it seems the flame is being blown out. I changed the fuel filter which didn't seem to dirty, and I cleaned the strainer inside the ful pump which was very dirty . After I did this it worked fine for a while so I thought I solved the problem but a day later it started again. I have a .85-1.00 bar installed with a .85 70 degree B nozzle.

I think my problem is weak flame due to low fuel pressure at the nozzle. Am I correct?

It is not cycling off just flaming out.

Old 10-17-10, 08:40 AM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Could be a number of things...

Less likely that the fuel pressure is low though... I mean, if it hasn't be 'messed with' why would it change?

More likely that the nozzle is clogged... if the filter screen was plugged, very likely that some crud leaked through...

Could be the cad cell circuit... maybe lens is dirty... or cell is bad...

could be the ignitor points are set wrongly...

Bottom line though is that oil burners should be serviced yearly, and the nozzle changed, and everything set up properly, and the combustion checked for smoke, CO2 or O2, CO, flue temp, etc...

Old 10-17-10, 09:09 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NJ Trooper

Sorry, I left out, that I installed a new nozzle on it.

I was also thinking a clogged fuel system, because the strainer was so dirty. Maybe at the tank or in the full line. Was wondering if this would cause my problem.

I change the nozzle and fuel filter, and clean the flue passages every year.

Old 10-17-10, 10:00 AM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
OK, good...

Yeah, problem could be in fuel system... even a bit of air creeping in...

Still could be the CAD cell too... or the primary control on the burner... or a loose/dirty/corroded connection...

Or, maybe the new nozzle got buggered up by the crud... it's happened to me!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: