Autofill pressure reducing valve

Old 10-22-10, 12:27 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Autofill pressure reducing valve

I the process of replacing the bearing assembly on one of my pumps (which I couldn't do because of wrong parts) I am now refilling my system. I opened up the city water valve and pulled the lever up on my autofill pressure reducing valve but I barely hear any water entering the system. I know when I watched a tech do this several years ago it didn't take long for the system to fill. At the rate it is going now it will takes days.

Could my pressure reducing valve be the culprit? Any suggestions on what to check?

Edit: Found the problem...clogged supply pipe.

TIA,
BWSwede

Last edited by BWSwede; 10-22-10 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-22-10, 03:24 PM
NJT
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
This is not an uncommon problem on boiler feed pipes... fill boiler up, run for years... no water runs through that pipe... all kinda crud builds up. I hate 'dead ends' in plumbing. Besides the pipe getting crudded up, who knows what creepy crawlies are growing out there? ready to crawl into your drinking water?... every day I like more and more the idea of installing a wye strainer with a flush valve ahead of the fill valve and backflow preventer. Once or twice a year you can flush out that line...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: