Triangle Tube Prestige Boilers - Excellence vs. Solo with Indirect Water Heater

Old 11-12-10, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Triangle Tube Prestige Boilers - Excellence vs. Solo with Indirect Water Heater

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence (heat & hot water) Boiler. I've done heat loss and appear to be in the range of 46,000 btu +/-. I'm looking at either the Excellence PE110-NG or Solo 110 with Smart 40 Indirect Water Heater. I'm leaning towards the Excellence since based on all the spec's I've read it would appear to meet my needs. Spec's and cost between either option are very close so I'm looking for others feedback. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-10, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No experience with the Excellence (just the Solo 110), but based on what the factory training taught about the Excellence, there are 2 issues you need to be aware of:

1) The DHW tank in the Excellence is very small. If you are putting this into an apartment or small house with a single bathroom, no problem. But if you have more water demands (multiple simultaneous showers, rain-head showers, washers, dishwashers, etc.) that all need to work at the same time, the Excellence probably won't keep up.

2) If you are zoning with circulators, there are no special issues. However, because of the way an internal valve works, if you zone with valves, there is a special pressure relief tube that needs to be plumbed in. If this is your situation, let me know, I'll post more details. Not sure if this issue is in the Excellence manual, but it's something they emphasized at the training (for good cause).