munchkin boiler value

Old 12-10-10, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
munchkin boiler value

i have a munchkin boiler that i've just taken out of service and am looking to sell it and i was hoping someone could give me a ballpark value of what i should be asking.

Its not very old, within the last 10 years, i want to say it was installed around 2002. its a model 80M, LP, i'll be including two recirc pumps, zone valves, and all the copper piping, ball valves, gauges and whatchamacallits (thats weird, spellcheck considers that a correctly spelled word, hmmm) that someone would need to install the thing with. Now i've also installed around $500 in new parts in this boiler over the last two years. I was thinking somewhere in the $1500 range, since a new one boiler alone is $2700-3000.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-10, 08:59 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Your accessories are probably worth more than the boiler because there is a very small market for used residential boilers. Even at that the accessories won't command much more than ten to twenty-five percent of their original cost. I think if you are offered $500 for the boiler AND accessories you should take it.

Old 12-11-10, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hmm oh well, at that rate i'll probably keep it and use it out in my woodshop, something like this boiler will work great around wood and sawdust since the flame is all sealed away. Thought maybe if i could get a little more out of it that it would help offset the cost of the new one.