Burnham ES2 boiler & Enviracom t-stat

Old 12-16-10, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Burnham ES2 boiler & Enviracom t-stat

Has anyone installed an Enviracom t-stat with the ES2?
I recently had the ES2 installed with the outdoor reset module; I'm finding that in moderatly cold weather the system has trouble recovering from setback.
I've dropped the boost time down to 10 minutes, it helped but still takes too long to recover.
My system has three zone valves; I was considering using the VisionPro IAQ as my primary zone t-stat.
I think the VisionPro IAQ t-stat will communicate directly with the boiler IQ card thru the 3 enviracom terminals; but how would the zone valve be controlled?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-10, 08:17 PM
The enviracom communication only adjusts the setback curve when you set the thermostat back at night. The reason it takes so long to recover is because your water temperature is lower. I had the ES2 installed last year and I got rid of my set back because of the long recovery time. For me, the purpose of the setback was to save money and I don't feel that having such a long recovery time was doing me much good in that regard. I don't like using the boost because then what is the purpose of having the ODR?

Old 12-18-10, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the response. I still feel that setting back will save me in the long run, even if the boiler temp must be boosted to achieve this. As soon as the heat demand is answered the boiler temp will return to the ODR setting.
I'm having trouble getting info on whether I need an interface module or zone panel to connect to the boiler.