To much heat

Old 12-17-10, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
To much heat

Ok, so I went from not having any heat to having to much. Basically to fix my boiler the aquastat was replaced. Now it seems that whenever i set the temp at 64 and go to work, i come home a few hours later to check on it and its 70 degrees. This is because the boiler must have restarted, because the thermostat restarted and the default is 70 degrees. Any ideas as to why it would be restarting?

Im guessing it has something to do with the aquastat, since thats new. Its a triple action Honeywell. I have the high set a 180 and low at 130. My boiler thermostat seems to say that when its up and running the boiler is at about 190.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-10, 06:50 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
You never did come back to your previous post and tell us the outcome...

You are telling us now that the damper was OK ?

Tell us how the piping is set up on your boiler... are there FLOW CONTROL valves on the zones?

Old 12-19-10, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry NJ been a busy week.

My HVAC guy replaced the aquastat and the boiler fires up perfectly. He was going to jump out the damper but once he replaced the aquastat(triple action) it worked fine, so he didn't have to. Also he replaced the relay on the damper so that might have been it.

I'm not sure of the FLOW CONTROL valves on the zones. Ill ask him and get back to you.