Check out my system

Old 12-19-10, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check out my system

Hi all and thanks for all the great info on here. I have been putting up with air in my system for as long as we have lived here, which is how I ended up here and been reading a lot of posts on the subject. After seeing some of the pictures of setups posted on here and looking at the installation manual for my boiler I'm worried that maybe the way mine is setup is the reason I can't get all the air out. I was looking for an air scoop and found none. There are only manual bleeders on some of the baseboards and they don't seem to be doing any good at removing air just water(done with pumps not running). Pressure remains at 15lbs. whether temp. 70 or 160 doesn't change. Haven't had a chance to hookup another gauge to verify pressure but added water with system cool up to 35 lbs. and the pressure relief let water out and then I drained back down to 15lbs. I have good heat everwhere in the house but just annoyed with the noise of the air.
It is a Lennox, model CWB-4D with a manufacturing date of 1991. There is 2 pumps one for the main floor and one for the basement. I will post a link for pictures and any advice on adding an air scoop or any changes that should be made would be greatly appreciated. When looking at the pictures hopefully you will be able to see how the expansion tank is plumbed in this is where I'm most concerned. Thanks

Pictures by lineman555 - Photobucket

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-10, 08:47 AM
In photo 2, is the horizontal pipe running to the expansion tank sloped upwards? It needs to be. Adding an air separator where that horizontal pipe tees off from the main would be helpful.

Do both zones have the same volume of noise?

Last edited by Mike Speed 30; 12-20-10 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-20-10, 12:26 PM
Yes the pipe is slightly sloped upward(checked with level). I have another picture with some descriptions to help explain the plumbing a little bit better. The installtion manual shows the expansion tank and cold water inlet tied into the supply main line not running into where the relief vavle is. It makes more sense to me what the manual says than the way it is but hopefully it is ok the way it is and all I need to do is add an air seperator. Thanks boiler11.jpg picture by lineman555 - Photobucket

Old 12-20-10, 03:50 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
How about that circulator wiring, eh? yikes...