fill trol valve

Old 12-30-10, 01:26 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
fill trol valve

This is a follow up to a previous thread. The question was can you take parts from one and put in another. I took the valve and spring from a new valve and put in my old one. It didnt work till I figured out the tank plunger was stuck and the diaphram had a small leak. Installed a new tank and system came up to press.,shut off and seems to be working as it should.

Old 12-31-10, 01:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. Whenever I install a Fill-Trol or regular reducing valve, I always put a shut off valve upstream of it & a union between the feeder & shut off valve. It makes replacement SO much easier. Kind of a pay a little more now or a bunch more later situation. There should also be a shut off downstream of the feeder device.

Old 12-31-10, 03:16 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grady
I always put a shut off valve upstream of it & a union between the feeder & shut off valve.
Roger that. Inadequate number and placement of unions is a big bugaboo. And, a shutoff valve downstream of the fill valve allows replacement of the fill valve without draining the boiler.

If you install a Watts 9D backflow preventer between the shutoff valve and the auto fill valve, the 9D has a union built in. Kill two birds with one stone.

Old 01-05-11, 07:54 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
fill trol

My valve has a shut off built in it. I can shut it off and work on the valve or tank. It is attached to the boiler with a short nipple. I see from the pictures that most of them are located away from the boiler. As usual anything I have is wierd but it works.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: