Buderus RC 35 Programmable Thermostat Information Needed

Old 12-17-10, 07:30 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Buderus RC 35 Programmable Thermostat Information Needed

I recently purchased the Buderus G115 with the Logamatic control/outdoor reset and have been able to set the system up as 95% constant circulation by adjusting the heating curves and using the main floor thermostat as a high limit on the indoor temperature. So far the system works great.

I was wondering if anyone knew the approximate price for the RC35? Is it worth the purchase based upon how I currently have the system setup?

It seems that the RC35 will allow for quicker recovery from a nighttime setback (on the Logamatic) and also allow for a finer tuning of the heating curve when the thermostat is at it's setpoint - any thoughts or opinions would be welcome.

Thanks

Old 12-17-10, 03:32 PM
X
Is the RC35 compatible with the 2107? I think the principal advantage would be supplying the 2107 with indoor temperature feedback so it automatically tunes the system, holds setpoint and tracks recovery. Other than that, it's just a fancy thermostat.

A simpler (and cheaper) solution might be an indoor (room) sensor for the 2107. Can't remember the model number. Buderus site should have it.

Old 12-17-10, 05:32 PM
D
I checked the website and the RC35 seems to be the only one that Buderus offers. I agree, it seems like overkill.

Old 01-06-11, 07:05 AM
D
Post Bump

Thought I would give a quick update. I was able to find on the Buderus literature that they offer an indoor reset/thermostat called the "BFU". Had it installed about a week ago and so far it is working very well (installation was $300 including the part).

I like the idea of having the constant circulation with the added benefit of shifting the heating curve for quicker recovery when the room temperature is significantly different from the BFU setpoint - usually in the morning when when trying to recover from the 5 degree setback.

I keep track of my annual fuel usage relative to heating degree days, so if anyone is interested I can post any efficiency gains I may see from the constant circulation at a later date.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: