BG 100 seris boiler motor and pump

Old 01-08-11, 06:19 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BG 100 seris boiler motor and pump

I just replaced the bearing assembly on a BG 100 motor the motor is not running at the moment and I need to know if this motor should be running constantly. My second question is I have a 3 zone system and I am not getting heat to flow to the second floor is this a pressure issue or is there a problem with the motor.

Old 01-08-11, 06:28 PM
M
How and where did you bleed air? Tell us what the boiler pressure/temp gauge indicates. Not a problem with the motor.

Old 01-08-11, 07:24 PM
NJT
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
if this motor should be running constantly.
Some are set up that way, but VERY few... the vast majority are set up to only run when there is a call for heat.

Old 01-08-11, 08:22 PM
P
Bg 100

The temp gauge is at 180 degrees and the pressure is just under 15

Old 01-08-11, 08:25 PM
P
The temp gauge is just under 180 degrees and the pressure is at approx. 20 psi. Wasnt sure how to bleed the air we just opened the drain valves for the different zones hoping it would force any air in the lines out that way. Tjhere are 3 pipes coming off the boiler 1 goes to the blower motor/pump a secong goes to a cylinder type object then into the walls the third goes into the same type of cylinder object and then splits to 2 lines and goes into the walls as well I am assuming that these are my feeds for the radiant heating. Sorry I dont know the terminology of the cylinder objects. Of these 4 pipes 3 are off and on hot while the 4th isnt.

Last edited by Peter Milo; 01-08-11 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-09-11, 06:12 AM
D
Can you take pictures for us? Have you checked for bleeders on your radiators?

Old 01-09-11, 09:00 AM
P
I believe we have found the problem as well as the bad bearing assembly on the pump motor we have discovered that the thermostat on second floor may not be working properly. I believe I can remove thermostat from the wall and just hot wire the system by-passing the thermostat to make sure is this correct?
The thermostat reads that the ambient temp. in in this area is at 70 degrees but the heat hasnt been on since late Friday night. That is why I think the heat isnt circulating there does this make sense ?

Old 01-09-11, 09:06 AM
P
RE: drooplug I do not have radiators I have closed loop radiant heating on the wall copper piping with fins enclosed in a metal case system.

Old 01-09-11, 09:51 AM
NJT
Peter, I think your description may cause some misunderstanding... most people that refer to RADIANT heating these days mean the type of heating that is INSIDE the floor or wall (or ceiling)... hidden from view...

I believe that you are describing FIN-TUBE BASEBOARD heating.

Old 01-09-11, 09:53 AM
NJT
Peter, if you take pictures we will understand what you are talking about, and may actually be able to help you...

FREE account / Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket / upload your pics there / come back here and post a link to your PUBLIC album.

Old 01-10-11, 07:57 AM
P
Thanks for all the advice guys sorry I couldnt post pics of system dont have the equipment here to do so but I have solved the problem after replacing the bearing assembly I didnt properly bleed the lines so I have now done so and the problem is solved again thank you all for your advice it was in fact helpfull

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: