Boiler not making hot water

Old 01-13-11, 11:12 AM
F
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boiler not making hot water

Just had a new Lochinvar condensing boiler installed at my home along with a new indirect water heater....I have two zones along with DHW. The problem is that I can only take a 10 minutes shower before I run out of hot water!!! The system is brand spanking new...installer can't figure it out....System heats the house fine....(each zone with own pump)....DHW tank temp is 130...it is the 51 gallon squire...boiler is WBN080...I have noticed that as shower is taking place, the tank temp drops off little by little until it gets down to about 90 at which point the tank gets exhausted and the boiler is only producing "cold" water...what gives??? Once shower is stopped...tank temp increases and then is maintained all day....any advice on what to check for??? DHW is set as "normal" not as a zone...so boiler gives it priority when there is a call...

Old 01-13-11, 11:22 AM
H
Being the unit was just installed and under warranty. You should really deal with the installing company and manufacturer. Sorry, but that is in your best interest. If you mess with anything it could void the warranty.

Old 01-13-11, 11:26 AM
F
I know the forum is called "DIY" and the assumption is that I would be tinkering away...but that wasn't the point of the question...I will not be making changes, for the reasons you pointed out, but at the same time, I am looking for advice (from the experts on the subject) on things to check, or specifically, have someone else check...just looking for different ideas on what the culprit is...

Old 01-13-11, 11:35 AM
NJT
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
installer can't figure it out
That in itself is kinda disturbing...

My advice is going to be along Chip's line of thought... have the installer contact Lochinvar to ask for their help. They may not talk to the homeowner (you) but they will provide support to the installer.

We would be happy to take a look and see if something jumps out at us though... if you care to take pictures of the install... set up a free account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload the pics there... come back here and drop a link to your PUBLIC photo album.

Maybe we'll see something we can suggest the installer look into...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: