Bock 32E and Bock M5R burner

Old 01-17-11, 12:36 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bock 32E and Bock M5R burner

I currently have a Bock 32E and I would like to upgrade the tank to a 51E. Can I used my existing burner (Bock M5R) with this tank and just upgrade maybe the nozzle assembly or just the nozzle?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 01-17-11, 05:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
I suspect the burner you have is a Wayne MSR. If I'm right, even if you could adapt it to the new tank, I wouldn't.

Old 01-17-11, 05:53 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bock 32E and Wayne MSR Burner

It is the Wayne MSR. I was researching it on the Wayne Combustion site and it seems it will work. The only difference I can see is the nozzle. The 32E burns .75GPH thus the .75 nozzle and the 51E burs 1.10 GPH thus a 1.10 nozzle according to the Bock Website.

The Wayne MSR can support up to 2.75GPH.

Unless I am really missing something it should work. Curious why would you recommend against it? My current burner works very well and has had the transformer updated and the pump is strong (only like $35 to replace if needed).

Thanks

Last edited by mswvette; 01-17-11 at 05:55 PM. Reason: wrong title
Old 01-17-11, 06:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
You may have to change the end cone to go to the higher firing rate & I'm not even sure you can still get them.
The Wayne uses the same motor & pump as do other burners, ignition transformers are not hard to find, but things like the burner blower wheel, nozzle assemblies, air tubes, & end cones are extemely hard to come by around here. I've changed out several just because I couldn't get the relatively inexpensive part I needed. I don't know of a single appliance manufacturer who still uses Wayne as original equipment. In fact, I don't think Wayne even makes residential oil burners any more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: