Reset Problem

Old 03-29-11, 07:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reset Problem

I have been having to hit my reset once every few days now. Yesterday I noticed the red light but didn't think anything about it. Mine is a beckett burner with the
honeywell R8184G 4009 oil burner control. I had a person out that replace that with an used one. Now the same thig is going on so I bought a new one $69.00 but have not put it in yet. I was going to do so after I did my yearly cleaning, is that the problem you had and did it fix it?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-11, 07:43 AM
Reset on boiler

I have had to hit my reset ever few days. Last time I did notice a red light but didn't think anything about it at the time. This has been an on going problem and the guy that came out last time replaced the oil burner control with a used one he had. All was good for a few months now it started again, I bought a new R8184G 4009 honey well
Have not put it on yet. I was going to do so when I do my yearly cleaning. Is that my problem or is it something else?
Anyone... Need a bit of help

Old 03-29-11, 08:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Starwalls,
The primary (R8184G) is not likely the problem. It could be any or a combination of several. First I suggest checking the ignition transformer for a good strong spark. Also check the electrodes for proper settings & the fuel system for cleanliness.

When you reset, is there any bang, smoke, or rumble upon ignition? Is the flame larger or a different color than normal?

Old 03-30-11, 04:25 AM
The transformer was replaced, When I hit reset it just starts no other problem. I was thinking it was the R8184 because when they put in the one he had on hand which was a used one All I needed was to buy a new one. But then that one time I noticed the red light.