aquastat/cicrulator

Old 04-03-11, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
switch relay

I just replaced my triple aquastat old onel8124c1102 new one l7224u1002 and i did not no there was only 1 zone i can hook up to this how can i hook up the 2 zone Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-11, 10:26 AM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Not sure how to answer this you did not tell us what zon valves you have or how they were hooked up to the old aquastat or if you have an external control transformer wired to the system or if the zone valves are taking the power from the aquastat we need to know this information to help you

Old 04-09-11, 03:24 PM
aquastat/cicrulator

I have a two zone system ijust replaced the aquastat i was trying to find out when i call for heat on zone 1 upstaires the zone opens and the baseboards get hot but the circulator pump does not come on when i call for heat on zone2 downstairs the circulator comes on and heats the basement is this normal thanks in advance

Old 04-10-11, 09:17 AM
NJT
mwolfie i have merged your original question which you never answered my reply this is the same system you are talking about and we still need all the information if you want us to help you have to answer my questions we can not tell you much if we do not know what is connected

please do not start a new thread every time you come back just reply to your original question

Old 04-10-11, 01:09 PM
aquastat

sorry I fixed the aquastat I had it wired wrong I put the c2 on the zc now that I wired it the right way the circulator pump only comes on zone 1 for basement not zone 2, I have one zone going to a 24 volt transformer and the zone directly to the aquastat. I see on the model aquastat 7224u it call for a relay switch 845A if you have two circulator and I only have one fo rboth zones, can u tell me if I need this switch. The system is working fine could it just be zone 2 is gravity feed and zone 1 needs circulator.

Michael

Old 04-10-11, 06:37 PM
NJT
You have TWO zone valves, is this correct?

What make and model are your zone valves?

Can you show us a diagram of how you wired it?

Old 04-11-11, 06:08 PM
aquastat

yes I have 2 zones honeywell motorized, It looks like model voo43e1012, im sorry its hard to get to to show you a diagram I can see the two valves and two themostats are spliced with like 10 pigtales and one thermostat wire goes to the 24v transfomer and the other themostat wire goes to the tt on the aquastat today when I put the thermastat to call for heat on the the zone upstairs the valve opened up but the burner did not come on. also I didn't wire the zones I only replaced the aquastat.

Thank You
Mike

Old 04-11-11, 06:17 PM
NJT
OK, I don't know if this will help you or not, but here is a BASIC diagram of how two zone valves might be wired. Use of this diagram is at your own risk...

If your valves have the YELLOW and the RED wires, in this drawing the YELLOW are the MOTOR wires, and the RED are the ENDSWITCH wires.

Ask if you have questions!

Old 04-17-11, 04:06 AM
aquastat/cirulator

To NJ Tropper I just waned to Thank You for your quick replys back to me. I found the problem it was the limit switch in the zone valve do I
have to replace the whole zone valve for this. Thanks again

Old 04-17-11, 08:38 AM
NJT
Hi Mike, glad you found the trouble.

If you have the NEWER style of valves, you can replace just the power head on the valve. You don't need to drain the system to do so. You can tell if you have the new style by looking at the screws that attach the head to the body. There will be TWO screws diagonally opposite each other.

OLDER style valves used FOUR screws and you can NOT remove that head without draining the system first. There is an adapter kit that will mount the new style head on the old style valve body.

Replacement head:

40003916-026 - Honeywell 40003916-026 - Replacement Head for V8043E Zone Valves

Adapter kit if you need it:

40003918-006 - Honeywell 40003918-006 - 2 Way Powerhead Conversion Kit (Water)