LAARS EBP 110 DHW boiler problems

Old 04-25-11, 07:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy LAARS EBP 110 DHW boiler problems

We have had many problems related to our LAARS EBP 110.
Recently, our heat exchanger was so filthy dirty, that it had to be completely disassembled and cleaned, then put back together. The manual says it should never really need any maintenance at all. HA!
Our furnace is approx. 7 years old and needed constant baby sitting since the get go.
I attribute this partially to the install, and partially to lack of training, and partially to a unit that was designed with so many different sensitive components that anything not done to exact tolerance would set off a whole chain of problems.
I think we have paid for the unit twice over since we had it installed. If only there were others who could join together and present a class action law suit against LAARS/Teledyne as this unit does have many different problems.
Every service company who ever looked at this unit has had their hand out to collect for services not rendered and leaving us with an inoperative unit that we wish we never purchased.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-11, 08:36 PM
NJT
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'm probably going to end up deleting this thread since it seems that the only reason you've come here is to b1tch about your boiler. Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of DIY does it?

I understand your frustration, but there are plenty of other places on the internet that you can 'vent'. This isn't the place for that, sorry!

Old 05-16-11, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sorry

Your right, sorry. I was very frustrated with this unit and in my haste, forgot this forum was a DIY. I wish I had something to add to help people with respect to this particular unit, but I was more specifically looking for backup in my fight with the company.
Again, sorry. Delete if you wish.