need some help wiring

Old 05-29-11, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need some help wiring

i have a biasi b-10-3 with a hydrostat 3150 and a aq251 odr. i have 2 baseboard zones and 1 indirect zone> i need some help wiring the 3250 and odr. i have a boiler switch, and after that do i go to the controll or 3150 first? the 3150 is also a lwco.
if someone could give me a quick diagram, that would be great. also do i put the supply and reuren sensor close to the boiler? i have a primary secondary piping
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-11, 04:14 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
AQ251 - what? which model ? which zoning module did you get? In other words, are you zoning with pumps or valves? If zoning with valves, are you using a valve or a pump for the DHW?

Is the 3150 already installed to the boiler?

What is it you need to know that isn't included in the installation manuals?

Last edited by NJT; 05-29-11 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-30-11, 09:20 AM
i think i got it. Im using a pump for my primary, and pumps for my heat and dhw. the honeywell aq says to put the supply and return sensors on the s and return next to the boiler. does that still apply with p/s piping?

Old 05-30-11, 12:41 PM
NJT
supply and return sensors on the s and return next to the boiler. does that still apply with p/s piping?
Yes.

So you are doing P/S, that's fine... but I'm still curious about how you are zoning, is it safe to presume that you will have just one pump on the heating loop, and zone valves?

So, which model AQ did you get then?

You are piping the DHW right off the boiler, correct?

Old 05-30-11, 07:03 PM
aq2514b2

aq2514b2 is the odr controll. i came off the boiler with a 1'' copper line,then spirovent,then circ, then 3 set of 1x3/4 closely spaced tees, then back to the return. the first set is for dhw, and the other 2 sets is for the heat zones. so i have 1 circ for the boiler loop, and 3 circs for the dhw and heat zones. all circs are wilo 3 speed. the 251 controll is a 4 zone circ controll too. i wish i just could post a pic.

Old 05-30-11, 08:47 PM
NJT
i wish i just could post a pic.
Why can't ya? no camera?

As long as you have a camera, you can set up a free account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload your pics there... come back here and post a link to your PUBLIC photobucket album.

Reason I wuz askin' about the zoning is because if you were using valves, there are some setup options you need to diddle with on the AQ panel... but since you have the pump zoning it's not as twicky.

Old 05-31-11, 03:18 PM
aq251

i cant get the aq panel to do anything. wont light up or anything. after the switch i went to a j-box. from the j-box i powered the aq and the hydrolevel. i have power going to the aq, just nothing is lighting up. everthing is hooked up but the heat t-stats. i will post pics i a few days.
i hope the aq is not bad.

Old 05-31-11, 04:39 PM
NJT
If you typed that model number correctly Honeywell says it's an 'obsolete' model... was it an ebay purchase?

You have 120VAC wired to the line side of the transformer module... and then jumpered to the line side of the control panel on the bottom left... right?

On the top, there should be low voltage wiring from the R and C of the transformer to the corresponding terminals R and C on both the control panel and on the zone module.

With the 120VAC turned on, check that you have 24VAC at terminals 1 and 2 on the control panel.

Old 05-31-11, 05:27 PM
contoll

I bought it from a supply co.its a 2009 model. I kick myself, because I never jumper the hot the the other side. I have liht now. I guess I just need to set all the times. Thanks trooperi
Originally Posted by NJ Trooper View Post
If you typed that model number correctly Honeywell says it's an 'obsolete' model... was it an ebay purchase?

You have 120VAC wired to the line side of the transformer module... and then jumpered to the line side of the control panel on the bottom left... right?

On the top, there should be low voltage wiring from the R and C of the transformer to the corresponding terminals R and C on both the control panel and on the zone module.

With the 120VAC turned on, check that you have 24VAC at terminals 1 and 2 on the control panel.

Old 05-31-11, 08:18 PM
Check out the pics of the boiler

Pictures by polcat1p - Photobucket
still not sure as to where to put the supply and return sensor

Old 06-01-11, 04:21 PM
NJT
pics of the boiler
Right off the bat I will say that the boiler pump and the indirect pump are not installed properly. The motor should not be on top as you have them mounted, the shaft of the motor should be horizontal.

still not sure as to where to put the supply and return sensor
Close to the boiler, on the supply and return lines.

I don't think I would have piped it like you did. If both zones are calling for heat, the supply water to the second zone will be that much cooler because most of it will have already circulated through the first loop. I would have piped the indirect in parallel with the boiler rather than on the tee setup you have. Can't tell ya if there is that much of a 'downside' to your setup... might work just fine as-is. But you do have to re-orient those two pumps for sure.

[edit:] I'm not sure if the AQ panel runs the boiler pump on a DHW call or not. If it does not (and I believe it does not), then you definitely will need to do some re-piping there.

Old 06-01-11, 05:49 PM
yeah, i have to change the 2 circs. i thought boiler pump came on when there was dhw call , but it doesnt. not sure if i can get it to,or not. i have piped boilers like this plenty of times with good luck, just never with this controll. i have the system up and running now, so i kick myself for the circs the way they are. also any ideas on the boiler setbacks, leave return settings?