Boiler fault help me

Old 06-22-11, 04:03 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boiler fault help me

When i moved into my house 4 yrs ago, it came with an ideal boiler - this boiler had a fault in december and started leaking, we recentlyy took out a servicing contract with ideal but they say the fault isnt covered with ideal servicing and say this is an existing fault so not coved by the policy! the boiler needs a new part fixing does anyone knowi what i can do?

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 06-22-11 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-22-11, 05:35 AM
H
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I don't know what recourse if any you have in the UK. In the USA a pre-existing condition would not likely be covered under a service contract. Will they repair it for a fee?

Last edited by heatpro; 06-22-11 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Added thought
Old 06-22-11, 07:58 AM
E
Smile comment

hi Heatpro,

its the same as USA, they could service it for a fee! but the cost is to high!

Old 06-22-11, 02:30 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
You're going to have to tell us WHERE it is leaking before anyone can offer any assistance. Pictures will help.

To post pictures you need to first upload the pictures to a photo hosting site such as photobucket.com or villagephotos.com. and then post the public URLs for the pictures (or album) here. More pictures are always better than fewer. Please have CLEAR, in focus and well lit pictures and have both close up pictures and ones from a far enough distance that we can see how the various parts are interconnected.

Old 07-08-11, 08:19 AM
E
Unfortunately i didnt see it leak - but the fault is in the timer and heat exchange

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: