Tekmar 260 problem

Old 07-23-11, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tekmar 260 problem

I'm having a problem with my 260. I just re-piped my DHW tank and in the process changed from a ZV to a Taco 007 for the tank. The 260 will not turn the DHW pump on. According the 260 literature when terminals 3 & 4 get voltage (27 Vac in my case) it closes contacts 9 & 10 to start the pump. Terminal 9 & 10 read zero Vac. The burner fires as normal and if I remove the 27 Vac from terminal 3 & 4 the burner will shut down like it should. The dip switch is set to DHW pump. I know the pump is good, I plugged directly into a nearby recepticle and it ran. Am I doing something wrong or could the 260 be bad. The 260 has worked for several years with a DHW valve.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-11, 11:01 AM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Do you have the H and N from the pump wired directly to 9 and 10 ? Won't work...

From the I&O for the 260 http://tekmarcontrols.com/media/literature/260_d_06.pdf

DHW Pump / Valve Contact
The DHW Pmp / Vlv terminals (9 and 10) are an isolated output in the 260. There is no
power available on these terminals from the control. These terminals are to be used
as a switch to either make or break power to the DHW pump or DHW valve. Since this
is an isolated contact, it may switch a voltage between 24 V (ac) and 240 V (ac).

-----------------------

In other words, the AC neutral goes right to the pump, the AC HOT goes to 9 (or 10) and the Hot to the pump goes to 10 (or 9) ...

Old 07-23-11, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
What Trooper is saying is supply 120v to terminal 9 and the hot to the pump to 10. Than you will also need to get a neutral to the pump.

Old 07-23-11, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Success !! After wiring as stated above the pump started as required. I assumed the DHW pump would wire up like the main pump. So much for assuming, right ? Now its time to insulate the pipes, thanks so much for the help.