Slant Fin tankless heater coil - WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU CALL IT?

Old 11-27-11, 11:59 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Slant Fin tankless heater coil - WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU CALL IT?

My dad says that he may run acid thru the TANKLESS HEATER COIL because he believes there is a mineral build-up causing lack of hot water, but he wants to see how much they cost first. It's a Slant Fin Liberty L30PT boiler. Been searching for hours online just trying to get a price on a direct replacement one. Should I be calling it something else?

Old 11-27-11, 12:17 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Most common term is just tankless coil but either would do. If he is running out of hot water from the coil itself than it may need cleaned if this is a new symptom. Bear in mind this is the most expensive way to make hot water.
Check links here
Technical Menu

Old 11-27-11, 03:57 PM
S
To find out if your coil is plugged up, find on the coil its rated flow and then run hot water into a known size container to see if it matches the flow rate. An electric hot water tank hooked up to the coil makes a great indirect.The electric part if wired can supply hot water when boiler is off during hot weather.It can be used in an emergency to supply some heat to the home when burner is off. The tank is piped with pump and controls so it act like another zone.

Old 11-27-11, 04:25 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
I googled around a bit and the only supplier I found was these guys:

Slant Fin Tankless Heaters Replacement Coils

Old 11-27-11, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
Contact slant fin for the correct part #. They probably can give you better info.

Contact Us

That boiler seems to be 25 yrs old or so.

Mike NJ

Old 11-27-11, 07:14 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
if it is the outside of coil with deposits, coil boil is a good product.

Old 11-30-11, 06:24 PM
D
Thanks for the help guys.
NJ TROOPER - I had gone to that website, but my model number wasn't listed. I have contacted someone Global Industrial and they are going to get me a price using all the necessary info.
SAVES - I think I'm going to test the coil rate after I replace the coil. If it fails, I'll run the acid thru it and retest until it flows at a proper rate and put-r-on the shelf until next time..
GUYOLD - I'm thinking that it's internal mineral deposits. I've had the chrome valve under my sink leak. My dad checked it out and showed me it was so corroded, it was missing most all the threaded portion. I mean it was gone and with crusty white deposits remaining. He was surprised the valve didn't blow off!
LAWROSA - boiler build date was 1995, although coil was manufactured 1/94 - it's gettin old
RBECK - "Bear in mind this is the most expensive way to make hot water." with the boiler I have, is there anything that's cost effective I can do ??? I don't want to rip the whole system out... maybe just modify, any suggestions???

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: