Excellent article on outdoor reset control

Old 12-22-11, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Excellent article on outdoor reset control

Very educational article on outdoor reset control from Tekmar.
http://tekmarcontrols.com/media/literature/e0002_06.pdf

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-11, 08:50 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
That is a very good article. Straightforward and informative. I especially liked that it explained how 3 and 4-way mixing valves can be utilized for better boiler protection and control.

The more I read up on ODR, the more I come to understand that, going forward, it will soon be something that almost every hydronic heating system will have to incorporate (in some form or another) in order to keep up with stricter laws and guidelines. And it's not just about slapping on a new control, either. There are basic design considerations that must be addressed right from the get go. Different ways of piping, etc. Even for a non-pro like myself, it's going to be interesting to watch how the heating industry continues to try and adapt.

Old 12-23-11, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have installed seven heating systems using Tekmar controls.Two in floor heating using oil boilers and Tekmar 354 with 4 way mixing valve.Two in floor system with electric boilers and Tekmar 256. Two systems using baseboard with oil boilers and Tekmar 256. One commercial job with base board and cast iron rads. and two mixing valves with two oil boilers staged. The installations manuals are so easy to follow that anyone with basic electrical knowledge can successfully install. That article is very convincing as to why all hot water and steam heating can benefit from out door reset.

Old 12-23-11, 09:54 AM
NJT
It would benefit anyone with an interest in the field to read EVERYTHING at the Tekmar site. There is a wealth of information to be had.

tekmar Library

Old 12-23-11, 06:54 PM
Starting Oct 1 of 2012 every boiler installed will be required to use some type of reset. I think with the popularity of ODR it will be more the choice then anything else.