Resources for combi (tankless hot water/baseboard heat combination) boilers

Old 12-31-11, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Resources for combi (tankless hot water/baseboard heat combination) boilers

Hello,

I'm looking to do a major renovation on my house, and this involves removing the wall that the vents for my furnace and hot water heater travel through (vertically through the main floor to the roof from the basement). That coupled with the fact the the boiler is original to 1962 have led me down the path of just replacing both the furnace and tank heater with a combination unit. I live in a 3500 sq foot home, in Denver, CO, divided into three heating zones which use baseboard registers (I would also like to go in floor radiant eventually); those registers are heated by a 120,000 btu furnace. We have three bathrooms including a master shower (that I have yet to put in) that will require sufficient continual water flow. We are a family of four, but we have a higher than normal guest demand, so greater domestic hot water flow is a priority. Also side wall (horizontal out the side wall of the house is desirable, but I'm still researching the local codes. I can make the .25" 1.00" (manufacturer recommended) run easily and use direct venting. I'm looking at this product:

Navien CH-240-NG, Combi Condensing Gas Water Heater/Boiler 91% - 199,000BTU

I'm in the brainstorming stages, and this project will occur over the next year; to be operational by the time the next heating system comes around. I'm looking for resources to collect data on the products available to meet my demands. I appreciate any input.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-11, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Navien might be good for the hot water.
IMO, get a real boiler for the heat, especially in a house that big in such a cold place.

Peter