Prestige Solo 110 Flush/Purge and Refill Help

Old 01-09-12, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Prestige Solo 110 Flush/Purge and Refill Help

Hey everyone, I am new to these forums but need some help. Yesterday my Prestige Solo 110 gave the "b 26" error code. I have tried to flush/purge the system but can't get it to get water back into it. I've lost all pressure to the system and it doesn't have water flowing through it now. I don't think I've done any damage to the heater but I don't have any money to call a serviceman but I am pretty smart and I am sure that I can figure it out with some help from you guys. I have included pictures so you can see the setup/valves that I have. Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-12, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
Gee possible there is no water feed???

Anything look like this?

If not you may be able to fill with water from your house plumbing. I would suggest adding the above device if its not there though.

Let us know.

I know there are instructions for it somewhere, but basically you will need to run a hose to one of those boiler drains to an outside hose bib.

BUT ONLY TO 12 PSI. AND NO HIGHER THEN 30PSI WHEN ATTEMPTING THIS. HOUSE PRESSURE IS AT 40-80 PSI NORMALLY. YOU CAN BLOW SEALS AND DAMAGE YOUR UNIT.

Mike NJ

Last edited by NJT; 01-10-12 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-10-12, 03:46 PM
Thanks for replying to my thread. The problem is the fact that I can't seem to find the water input. It was installed by a professional and I'm in a condo building so maybe my water input is somewhere else. I am going to try to look for it somewhere else. It doesn't make sense to me but maybe that's where they put it. There definitely isn't a backflow preventer on the unit so I still don't know what to do aside from find the water input valve. Urghhhh.

Old 01-10-12, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
Could be inside the home tied into the copper line on the baseboard somewhere. If not they may have filled it manually.

That unit is inside correct? Being in Utah and all. It looks out doors.
Mike NJ

Old 01-10-12, 05:13 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
From what I can tell, code b26 refers to this:

Factory supplied LWCO device or
external limit (terminals 15 & 16) is OPEN.
Burner off for 150 seconds, auto reset.
LWCO means "Low Water Cut Off" ... so by draining the boiler, you made the low water condition even lower...

Follow the pipes, you should be able to find a fill valve somewhere... but then you may have to purge all that air in the pipes when you refill...

Since the pressure is already at zero, take the opportunity to check and recharge the expansion tank to 12 PSI before you refill the system.

Old 01-10-12, 05:48 PM
Looks like you could fill it via the red handle drain hose bibs, open the T&P valve on top right of cover to let air out as you do it.

Also where is your condensate P-trap that comes with unit?

Old 01-10-12, 06:00 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Also where is your condensate P-trap that comes with unit?
If I'm not mistaken, that 3" PVC with the duct tape on it is open on top, and the condensate just drips down in to it... kinda hokey if ya ask me.

Old 01-10-12, 06:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Look at how close the boiler is to the gas meter. Musta been installed by the world's largest HVAC company, GTM&R. That's Get The Money & Run.