Buderus/Riello/Logomatic control questions

Old 01-15-12, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buderus/Riello/Logomatic control questions

Hi, I just had my buderus (115, oil heat) yearly cleaning/tune-up by my new oil company performed yesterday. It is about 6yrs old, was installed w a Riello 40 burner, which Was discovered had a small. leak. Tech said it should be all set, not sure what he did, said he tightened something, but today I noticed it is leaking again, so I obviously will need some service. But my question is in regard to this burner. He said he didn't like riello burners because they require you to buy a whole repair kit which is half the cost of a Beckett oil burner. I'm not sure if this is true, or is it a case of him not being familiar with buderus/riello products; (I asked about the Logimatic control, I don't have it, but his response was the more electronics, the more problems) So what are the differences in oil burners, are their pros and cons etc, and also what is the deal with the Logimatic controller? The original installer said something along the same line, I do live in the North East, it gets cold, and as you know, the cost of heat keeps going up and if their is a way to save, I would be interested! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-12, 01:34 PM
I love my Riello's.
I've had them installed on 4 different boilers over the last 20+ years.
They are all working perfectly to date.
I no longer own three of them, but as far as i know, they have never had a service call.
In 2 out of the 4 cases they replaced Beckett's, which had sooting and other problems.
The Riello's are better in this application, for sure.

I have heard nothing but great reports about the Logamatic.

Plenty of guys in MA know how to work on Riello's and Logamatic's.
Suggest to find one.

Peter

Old 01-15-12, 02:18 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
today I noticed it is leaking again,
Wonder if it's leaking from the hydraulic 'jack' ?

Or maybe there's only a jack on the 'M' models?

Can you take pictures all around the burner? Maybe we can spot the problem...

FREE account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket ... upload pics there, come back here and place a link to your PUBLIC album.

they require you to buy a whole repair kit which is half the cost of a Beckett oil burner.
That's a line of junk if I ever heard one!

There IS a 'kit' that can be had, but you wouldn't need all the parts in that kit... that's for service guys to carry on their truck... but the individual parts are all available separately. See:

Patriot Supply -

Old 01-15-12, 05:57 PM
Hydraulic jack can leak; it's located on the right side of the burner. Manufacturer did have a tech bulletin to remove same due to "aromatic" fuel oils (iirc).

I have Riellos and have no issues. A bit tricky to get set up, but once they're dialed in.. smooth sailin'

Tim

Old 01-17-12, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys, you both confirmed what I was thinking. I'll try and take a pic, in the mean time I'm gonna find someone else.
Thanks again