Conflicting information.

Old 01-17-12, 02:19 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 11
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Conflicting information.

I need to replace the gas valve on my Hydro-Therm HC-E 125. The part number for the valve is VR8200H1129. This is an obsolete part. I looked online and found that VR8200A2132 replaces H1129 according to a couple different sites. When I called my local heating supply company they told me the replacement part is VR8300A3500. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Thanks.
Old 01-17-12, 02:56 PM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,603
Received 28 Upvotes on 27 Posts
You don't tell us the brand of the gas valve. But, if the replacement valve has the same size pipe connections, the same end-to-end dimensions, the same pilot/ignition arrangement (e.g, standing pilot, etc.), the same operating voltage, and a Btu/hr rating at least as large as the boiler's input rating, it should be OK. For example, my original gas valve was a very old Honeywell, and I replaced it with a Robertshaw model - totally different exterior appearance.

What is wrong with your existing gas valve?
Old 01-17-12, 03:20 PM
lawrosa's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Galivants Ferry SC USA
Posts: 15,988
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
May have messed up in your search.

I get this consistantly when searching. Replacement # VR8200H1251

Patriot Supply - VR8200H1251

Honeywell Gas Valve VR8200H1251

Here is your manual I think.

Mike NJ

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: