Need help bleeding boiler/heating system

Old 01-19-12, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help bleeding boiler/heating system

I just had my boiler serviced. They did the annual inspection, cleaning, and also installed a new Carlin transformer.

The upstairs zone isn't actually heating. I am assuming the baseboard heaters need to be bled, but they don't have bleed valves.

That means I must bleed the system at the boiler right?

The problem I am running into is that I haven't seen another system like this in any of the walkthroughs I have viewed.

I have no clue where to start, or what the ideal settings should be on some of the controls.

Can someone walk me through this process? My house is cold!!! I guess we never realized the upstairs zone wasn't working properly because its been such a mild winter here in CT, and now that its actually cold outside it has become quite uncomfortable to say the least.

Here are a couple pictures of the system.

ETA: It has a Watts regulator. Not sure what setting it should be on (or even if that matters).

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-12, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
I just had my boiler serviced. They did the annual inspection, cleaning, and also installed a new Carlin transformer.

You can have several issues. My advice is call back the people who seviced the boiler. They must not have done thier job if the boiler is not functioning properly. You paid for a service, so call them back.

There are a slew of things to check with a boiler, from maintainance on the expansion tank , zone valves, fill valve, etc........ Too much to type here IMO.

Best get a book and read some. Try to educate yourself on hydronic heating.

Mike NJ