Need help with a REPCO GMT 100 Hot Water Heating System

Old 02-07-12, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help with a REPCO GMT 100 Hot Water Heating System

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use a REPCO GMT100 hot water heating system with closed hot hot water baseboard heating for a two story home. I had to replace the original TACO pump with a new one since the original broke down. The replacement was successful and my two zones were working fine for a week.

However, this past weekend I found my 2nd floor zone was not getting the hot water in the baseboard. I found what moved the water along the pipes gradually was opening the bleed valve every 30 minutes to let out air. This took me hours to get the second floor somewhat heated...never fully heated.

Two Question:
1. Does that make sense to bleed the air and the hot water moves slowly up the pipes after every bleed?
2. Is there an easier way to clear out all the air in the pipes b/c I don't have it upstairs? It's a closed loop from what I can tell.

Anyone know how I can attach images to help?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-12, 03:09 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
It sounds to me as though you don't have enough pressure in the system to raise the water up to the top floor.

Check the boiler temp/pressure gauge and tell us what the readings are.

Pictures are always helpful... in focus, well lighted, and large enough to see the details... cell phone pics are generally useless... please make sure to take enough pictures... in addition to any close shots, please stand back and take several of the entire system from several angles so we can relate to the piping layout.

Set up a FREE account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload the pics to a PUBLIC album. Come back here and place a link to your album so we can view.